This classic car expert valuations service is run by John Glynn. Born into a family business on the west coast of Ireland, I completed several years of a mechanical apprenticeship with a local car dealer before moving to London in 1989 to chase my dream of becoming a motor journalist.
That dream eventually became a reality. Along the way, I found that my passion for older cars and a penchant for economics and sociology intersected in the dynamic world of car and motorcycle valuations. After many years in the motor trade, I spent ten years with Glass’s Guide – the UK’s most respected provider of valuation data – before striking out on my own and focusing on my freelance consultancy work.
- Ten years as Valuations Editor of Glass’s Guide to Older Cars and Modern Classics
- Creator and Valuations Editor of Glass’s Consumer Values: the ‘We Buy Any Car’ database
- Former Assistant Valuations Editor on Glass’s Motorcycle and Commercial Vehicle guides
- Creator of Glass’s Part Exchange Values: as seen on many car and motorcycle manufacturer websites
- Freelance valuation consultant since early 2000s
- Several years in professional retail and fleet car purchasing
- Over thirty years activity in the classic car field
- Published motor trade expert in Autocar, Top Gear, MSN Cars etc
- Published Porsche author and community leader
- Author of many car magazine ‘Buyers Guides’ and used car features
- Vetted member of the UK Register of Expert Witnesses
- Consistent provider of classic car valuations since 2000 with no break in practice
- Experienced court expert witness in both divorce valuations and civil cases, working for insurers, solicitors, Trading Standards and private clients
- Experienced Single Joint Expert to divorce courts across the UK
- Experienced in creating case reports, adding insight as an Expert Advisor, supporting mediation/arbitration or assisting counsel with cross-examination preparation
- All Expert Witness reports completed to FPR Part 25 or CPR Part 35
- Previous single cases into the millions of pounds
- Can provide case estimates, full experience and report timescales on request
classic car history
My classic car history includes:
- Lifelong classic car and motorcycle enthusiast
- Emigrated from Eire to the UK in 1989 to become a motoring journalist (which I eventually did)
- Experienced classic car and motorcycle collector and restorer
- A personal investment portfolio of several classic cars and motorcycles
My expertise in classic car and motorcycle valuations is underpinned by extensive market intelligence and a deep insider’s knowledge of how the motor trade operates. Over three decades of market valuation experience gives me the credibility that matters in case disputes or in Court.
The scope of data I have overseen means that I have supplied many thousands of vehicle valuations to hundreds of highly critical users over the course of my career. This is priceless experience! My expertise is in constant demand and most of my work comes through referral.
1 Percy Road
Northants NN11 3RN
Mon-Fri: 8AM - 4PM
Sat/Sun: by appointment
Classic Car Valuations Expert is part of Specialist Car Valuations Limited: UK company number 13782283. Any values expressed on this site are an opinion: markets can go down as well as up. Please bear this in mind!